Helping to keep Covid-19 secure – Student Policy and Guidance
At The Modern Yoga we want to assure you that we are working with latest government guidance in order to keep everyone safe. The below outlines the policies that we ask all students to comply with when joining us for an in-studio practice. Please adhere to the following procedures:
Booking classes & workshops
- All classes MUST be booked and paid for in advance online. We use TeamUp for booking into classes. You can book via our website or via the TeamUp app. There will be NO facility to drop in on the day. NO cash payments will be accepted.
- Timetabled classes can only be booked 14 days in advance. If you booked a class, but can no longer attend or are unwell, you must cancel the class online. Simply login to your account online or via the TeamUp app and cancel your place.
- To allow for as many students as possible to join us, we will be enforcing a strict cancellation policy for in-studio classes. Please cancel by 6 hours prior to allow others to have an opportunity to sign up.
- Class cancellation policy is 6 hours prior to the class start time. If you do not cancel prior to this time (Late Cancel), one credit from your class pack, or your drop-in credit will be taken. There is no additional charge.
- For in-studio passes if you are an on an unlimited membership there will be a £5 late cancellation fee taken from the card on your account. Should no card be held by TeamUp, a day will be taken from your membership.
- ‘Early cancel’(up to 6 hours before class) will put the class credit back on your account.
- If for some reason the scheduled class gets cancelled by the studio, a credit on account or refund will be offered.
- For online classes the cancellation is 2 hours before the start of class and there is no fee applied to members.
- Workshops can be booked as soon as they are advertised.
- Workshops must be cancelled with more than 14 days notice in order to qualify for a credit to your account. Cancellation after this time means you will give up your place.
- In line with government guidelines, we have reduced the capacity within the studio, meaning there are less spaces available per class or workshop. Therefore, in order to make classes more accessible to a wider audience, we will also run a selection of our classes LIVE through Zoom. No students will be visible during the online practice.
Attending an in-studio class or workshop
- Please do not arrive any earlier than 10 minutes before the class is due to start. The door will be locked once the class has started to allow the teacher to control the environment.
- Wearing a mask is not a requirement of attending the class, however, you are very welcome to wear one, should you prefer to.
- There are social distance stickers on the stairs to assist visitors gauge how far apart they should be from their fellow Yogis. Please use the hand sanitiser in the entrance hall, in the studio or wash your hands in the toilet on the way to class.
- The toilets will be open, but please do not use the toilets as a changing facility.
- Due to limited space we also ask that you restrict the number of any additional bags you bring. Please try to bring with you ONLY what you need for practice – your mat, block, strap, towel and water bottle.
- There are mat markers on the floor to help you position your mat at the optimum recommended distance.
Should you have a high temperature, a continuous cough, or have a loss of, or change in sense of smell or taste, or have been in contact with someone that has tested for Covid please don’t come to class.